Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid.
2. DNA is written in a special alphabet containing only the four letters A, T, C and G. If the letters A and T pair up together, what letter does C pair with?
3. DNA is shaped like a curved ladder. What is this shape called?
4. _______ are made up of DNA and are the instructions for life.
5. Gregor Mendel is known as the father of genetics. He did experiments on a plant that makes round, green vegetables in a pod. What is this type of plant?
6. In genetics, what is hair color an example of?
7. DNA is wrapped together and packaged in structures called _____________. Humans have 46 of these.
8. Most genes code for a specific molecule that carries out the functions needed for life. What is this molecule called?
9. In what part of the cell can you find packaged DNA?
10. Sometimes, genes have mistakes where there is change from the original code. What is this change called?
Source: Author jbogacik
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.