Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Plants are an important aspect of biological studies and are also vital for human survival. What is the name given to the specific study of plants?
2. What is the biological name given to the group of organisms including mushrooms?
3. Which of the following animals is capable of living both in water and on land?
4. Now, your body is made up of a basic unit called the cell. These cells contain organelles which carry out important functions. What organelle can be found in a plant cell but not an animal cell?
5. The "control centre" of every single cell in your body is called the nucleus. Inside the nucleus are the coding strands that make you, you! What three letters are given to this universal substance?
6. The human body is supported by the skeleton. The skeletal system is comprised of 206 bones, some of which large and some very small. Which of the following is a bone in your head?
7. The iris is a flower that can come in a whole range of different colours. However, it is also a muscle in what part of the human body?
8. Which of these organs is important in releasing digestive enzymes and insulin?
9. What is the name given to the female sex cell that can be fertilised by a male sperm cell?
10. Bacteria are organisms that cause certain diseases in the human body. A scientist named Alexander Fleming discovered a medicine that could resist bacteria and therefore prevent infections. What was the name of this medicine?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.