Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This hooting bird with big eyes hunts for small animals such as mice during the night. What is it called?
2. Paddington Bear was a fictional bear said to come from Darkest Peru. That country was chosen because it is the home of which of the following animals that is most active at night?
3. These insects are known for being attracted to light, including candle flames on which they sometimes singe their wings. Do you know what they are called?
4. Do you know the name for the only group of mammals that can really fly?
5. The national symbol of New Zealand is a small flightless bird that lays the biggest egg compared to its size of any bird in the world. What is it?
6. Which of these statements is NOT true of the cockroach, an insect which is most active in the dark?
7. Which domesticated species has excellent night vision, and usually hunts for small mammals at night?
8. Pepe le Pew was a cartoon version of a small black animal that has a white stripe on its back, and is renowned for producing a dreadful smell. What kind of animal is this?
9. The aye-aye is the world's largest nocturnal primate, and is found in Madagascar. What unusual feature helps the aye-aye obtain the grubs it loves to eat?
10. One of the national symbols of Australia is a mostly nocturnal marsupial. Because of its large feet, it cannot walk properly, and hops (sometimes making spectacular leaps) in order to move around. What is it called?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.