Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The kapok is the largest and most important plant species in the Amazon Rainforest; that means that it is which of the following?
2. Look at the beautiful flower! Its petals are more than two feet long! Which flower, which includes the genus Vanilla, belongs to one of the two largest families of flowering plant species in the world?
3. Which nut tree, from whose fruit an oil and lubricant can be processed, is illegal to cut down in Brazil?
4. Those are strange looking pods! That is the plant from which cacao beans are harvested! What delicious sweet is made with cacao beans?
5. Which tree produces a milky white sap that is called latex?
6. You may think this ripened yellow fruit grows on a tree, but actually it is classified as the largest herbaceous flowering plant. The blossoms of the plant eventually grow into which fruit, which is also called a plantain?
7. Many different species of Bromeliads are found in the Amazon Rainforest, but the one that produces a fruit you might recognize is used to make a delicious cake! What is the name of this fruit?
8. Which tree, named for a brass instrument and also called the "tree of gold", is important in the Amazon Rainforest for its many healing properties?
9. Quinine is made from the bark of the cinchona tree. It is an important anti-malarial medication. Which creature's bite might cause malaria?
10. Oh, my! That plant appears to be looking at us! In reality, the seeds of the guaranį plant, shown in the picture, contain a stimulant that is also present in coffee beans; it is, however, about 4-5 times more as potent in guaranį than it is in coffee. What is this stimulant?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.