Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following flowering plants, also called "Rocktrumpet", is from the famiy "Apocynaceae"?
2. From the family "Verbenaceae", which of the following plants found in both Sorrento and Missouri is a butterfly magnet?
3. Belonging to the family "Hydrangeaceae", I saw a flowering plant in Sorrento that is also called a "change rose". What did I see?
4. I was amazed to see many beautiful examples of century plants in Sorrento that are from the family "Asparagaceae". By what other name are century plants known?
5. Used by some for making tea, I saw several fine specimens of the family "Malvaceae" in Sorrento. Also known as "rose mallow", by what other name is the plant known?
6. It should have come as no surprise that these hardy plants would do well in sunny Sorrento. I have had one survive in my garage during the cold Missouri winter for the last two years. From the family "Geraniaceae", what is the common name of this flowering plant?
7. From the family "Apocynaceae", which of the following plants has been used in the manufacturing of perfume oil?
8. This plant is used in both Sorrento and Missouri as ground cover. Which of the following is from the family "Apocynaceae"?
9. Belonging to the family "Lamiaceae", which of the following plants produces an oil used for medicinal purposes?
10. A member of the family "Begoniaceae", which of the following plants has a variety called Dragonwing?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.