Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The story goes there was once a funny-looking man who walked for miles and miles, and wherever he walked, fruit trees sprang up at his feet. Who was this man?
2. An explorer named Ponce de Leon heard that Natives of a new land were giants who lived to be 200 years old, and never got sick! He was so excited, he sailed there to search very hard for what?
3. Kidnapped workers called slaves had bad lives, so Harriet Tubman and others made a secret escape path for them which became a legend across the land. What was this secret passage called?
4. Did you hear about the king who was covered in dust made of pure gold! In fact, his whole city was made of gold. Explorers searched everywhere for this city. What was it called? Think of a Spanish name.
5. These mighty warriors were women. They were taller than the trees, with legs as big as tree trunks, and they had flat chests so they could shoot their arrows faster. Who were these mighty lady warriors?
6. A very rich warrior king and his people had ideas far ahead of their time. But one day their whole island sank under the ocean! What is the name of this famous place that sank?
7. If you are in the deep woods or high mountains, you could be scooped up by this giant, furry man, or you might see his footprints. What do some call him?
8. The way I heard it, this woman was so beautiful, ancient men fought a war over her. Many say her father was the Greek god Zeus. Do you know her name?
9. A story often told is how the great King Arthur pulled a sword right out of a rock. What was his sword called?
10. This beautiful queen of Egypt sailed up the Nile river in splendor, and the legend goes she sailed with her fleet of a thousand ships! She was so pretty, two very powerful men fell in love with her. What was her name?
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.