Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these fictional characters from children's literature has a good friend named Wendy Darling?
2. What city, well known for its tea, has the word darling surrounding a three letter command for a horse to turn right?
3. Several places in Australia are named after British colonial Governor Ralph Darling. Which Australian state did Darling serve as Governor from 1825 to 1831?
4. What band had a song titled "Darlin'" on their 1967 album 'Wild Honey'?
5. What claim to fame is held by Darling Peninsula in Nunavut?
6. Several television shows have featured families with the last name Darling. Which TV show had characters named Briscoe Darling and Charlene Darling played by Denver Pyle and Maggie Peterson?
7. "Darling" was the name of a critically acclaimed 1965 British film. What actress won an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work on the film "Darling"?
8. Several Darling individuals have graced the sports world. Which of these Darlings is incorrectly matched with his/her sporting position?
9. Grace Darling is regarded as a heroine for her actions on September 7, 1838. What heroic feat did Grace Darling perform that day?
10. The word darling is most often used as an expression of affection. What affectionate lady made the following quote: "I call everyone darling because I can't remember their names."?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.