Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am the darling of the paleontological and dental professions. I have been found (among other places) in the La Brea tar pits and am commonly known as a Sabre Tooth Tiger. What is my official scientific name?
2. A boar is a big, typically bad-tempered animal that has large tusks. Throughout history, the hunt for a grumpy boar is a symbol of manhood and strength (Hmmm, perhaps the boar wouldn't be so grumpy if it had regular dental check-ups to solve that annoying tooth-ache.) What is NOT a traditional method of hunting a wild boar?
3. My exploits in 1890 are recorded by Bram Stoker. I had an affinity for blood and continue to be a character in many Hollywood scripts. In most, I have elongated canine teeth. Who am I?
4. I shed approximately 35,000 teeth during my lifetime and replace them with thousands more. A dentist would love me, unfortunately I live in a non-conducive environment for a dental practice. Who am I?
5. President George Washington is known for having false teeth made of unique items. Which of the following is an INCORRECT material he used for teeth?
6. My neighbor's daughter is between 17 and 23 years old. (I know...I can never remember as the years pass so fast.) She is having a problem with her third molar teeth also known as Dens serotinus. What are these commonly called?
7. Swimgirl wore braces to straighten her teeth. What is the earliest civilization to demonstrate this cosmetic device?
8. Do teeth contain RNA?
9. Toothpaste has been around a very long time. It has been referenced in a 9th century Iraq manuscript by Ziryab, a fashion designer and musician. Which of the following was an ingredient in early toothpaste that would be found in today's product?
10. I am a polyphyodont which means my teeth rotate during phases of my lifetime. I have 26 teeth - not including my distinctive incisors. My new teeth grow in the back and push out the old ones. What am I?
Source: Author Jinxgirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.