Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. More men stutter than women.
2. Stuttering and stammering are, essentially, the same thing.
3. When a stutterer has trouble with a particular word, you can put him at ease if you tell him "Slow down...take your time...think of what you are trying to say."
4. John the Baptist stuttered.
5. In the speech therapy method known as the Valsalva Control, stutterers should learn to tighten their rectal muscle.
6. Self-hypnosis is a cure for stuttering.
7. Positron emission tomography (PET) is a way of measuring the emission of positrons (positive electrons) from various parts of the brain.
8. Stutterers, on an average, are more intelligent, have a larger vocabulary, and learn foreign languages quicker than the general population.
9. 'Phonation' is the vibration of the vocal chords in the larynx that makes the sound of our voice.
10. James Earl Jones, who has one of the most recognizable and 'beautiful' voices, stuttered severely as a child and seldom spoke in public for fear of being ridiculed.
Source: Author lompocjoe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.