Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I go down the stairs to investigate a strange noise coming from my kitchen; I fear the worst and think it must be a gas leak. I discover that it is far worse than a gas leak. I discover that an American Copperhead is living in my cupboards. What is an American Copperhead?
2. Great! Now I've just being bitten by a poisonous creature and I haven't even had breakfast. I feel OK, so I think I will have some breakfast. I decide to make myself an Irish breakfast. What food is missing from my Irish breakfast if I have an egg, bacon, tomato, and black pudding?
3. Just before I leave for work, I grab a bottle from the press which I believe to be a bottle of soda pop. I open the bottle and take a drink. That doesn't taste very good. Oh no, I have just drunk a poisonous liquid! Great, which of these liquids are poisonous?
4. I ring a friend of mine and he advises me to go straight to a hospital; he says I will know if I was affected by the poison if my muscles begin to twitch. What is a more correct way of describing muscle twitches?
5. I decide to call my manager at work to tell him that I can't come in today because I have being bitten by a poisonous animal and I have accidentally ingested a poisonous liquid. He responds to my plight in a very unemotional and even mannered way. What word is used to describe someone who is indifferent and unemotional?
6. I decide that the quickest way to get to hospital is to drive there myself. I get into my car. In Europe, my car would be described as an 'estate'. What would my car be called if I lived in North America?
7. I am nearly at the hospital when I suddenly see flashing lights in my rear view mirror and a loud ear-piercing noise. Oh no, it is the police! What have I done now? What word describes the noise that comes from a police car?
8. After the policeman has given me a ticket for speeding, it transpires that I have a number of unpaid parking tickets on the system. This means that I am in trouble and can expect to appear in court sometime soon. What method of notification will be used to notify me of my court date?
9. Can this day get any worse? I have been bitten, poisoned, been stopped by the police and now I am going to be called to court also. All these events have happened to me one after the other. What word is used to describe a chain of events?
10. I get to the hospital and I am immediately placed on a trolley. The nurse gives me a sedative to make me relax. As I drift off, my last thought is how dreamlike the whole day has been. What is another word to describe this dreamlike experience I've had?
Source: Author dolano
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.