Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This person, who was the most famous resident of Heard County, was known as being a soothsayer and witch.
2. What very famous citizen of Georgia has been very vocal about his encounter with a UFO?
3. This giant beast of an animal was shot in Tifton. He was rumored to have weighed 1000 pounds, been 12 feet long, and had 9-inch tusks. What has this beast been nicknamed?
4. Snowball was a peaceful animal. One day Carl Hulsey, a seventy-six-year-old Cherokee county resident purchased Snowball. The county coroner came and visited Hulsey and often saw him beating Snowball because Hulsey was training it to be a watch animal. After a year of this Snowball got his revenge and killed Hulsey. What kind of animal was Snowball
5. The third bridge after Whitesfield Road turns to a dirt road is known as Crybaby Bridge. What city in west Georgia is this bridge north of?
6. On the north side of Berry College in Rome is CCC Road. If you drive west on this road, there are a certain number of bridges. After you cross the last bridge, if you turn around and drive back east there will be one less bridge. How many bridges are there going west and going east, respectively?
7. There are many stories of ghosts haunting schools in Georgia, but not all of them are frightening. This one in fact is quite pleasing. There is often the scent of bacon and eggs wafting through the halls. What Coweta county high school does this pleasingly scented ghost haunt?
8. The Haunted Pillar is all that remains from a market that flourished in the late 1800's in the downtown area of one of Georgia's oldest cities. It is said that all who touch it meet their end. In which city is this pillar located?
9. Waverly Hall is a pleasant little community in west-central Georgia. It was established in 1829 and has its share of historic homes, however, there are no tales of haunted structures. The cemetary on the other hand, has gained a reputation for being Georgia's most haunted. In which county is this haunted graveyard located?
10. During the 1930's, a horrible car crash occured on the Cedar Creek Bridge on Roscoe Road near Newnan. In this crash a mother and her baby died, but they did not go to their deaths quietly. In which county is this "Screaming Bridge" in?
Source: Author brave373
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.