Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Challenged to come up with a quiz entitled "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" Kyle The Kennel Boy turned first to the music charts. Which band had a hit in 1956 with a song of that name?
2. "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" was a song that has been covered by both male and female singers, or so Kyle The Kennel Boy discovered as he researched the title for the 'Any Questions?' quiz challenge. Twenty-five years after it was first released, which diva took the song to number seven in the US Charts?
3. More than 40 years after the song "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?" was first a hit, a 1998 movie of the same name traced the story of the struggle to establish the writing credits of the song, or so Kyle The Kennel Boy discovered. Which soon-to-be 'Bond Girl' was one of the stars?
4. As he pondered the question "Why Do Fools Fall In love", Kyle The Kennel Boy came across a marvellous quote from a sometimes sleepy, other times speeding, actress: "I'm a fool for love....I'm a big believer in love at first sight because I think everything happens for a reason". Which actress was this?
5. Taking a break from quiz writing, Kyle The Kennel Boy settled down with a DVD of the 1985 movie "Fool For Love". It was based on a play of the same name written by Sam Shepard, who also led the movie's cast. Who played the main love interest?
6. As he worked his way through questions on a quiz entitled "Why Do Fools Fall In Love", Kyle The Kennel Boy could not help but sing another song to himself:
"Fools in love, well are there any other kind of lovers?
Fools in love, is there any other kind of pain?"
Can you Look Sharp enough to tell me which of these wrote it?
7. It is not often that high literature gets much attention in Kyle The Kennel Boy's humble bookcase, but one such moment came when he read the lines:
"Thou blind fool, Love, what dost thou to mine eyes,
That they behold, and see not what they see?
They know what beauty is, see where it lies,
Yet what the best is take the worst to be."
Who do you think, wrote those lines?
8. Sometimes priceless pearls of wisdom come from unexpected places. Which famous 'dumb blonde' said: "I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't."?
9. Everyone, it seemed to Kyle The Kennel Boy, was singing about fools in love as he heard these lyrics on the radio:
"You're just a fool, you know you're in love
You've got to face it to live in this world
You take the good along with the bad
Sometimes you're happy and sometimes you're sad"
Which male and female duo had a hit with a song entitled 'A Fool In Love'?
10. "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?", 'beats me' muttered Kyle The Kennel Boy as he was reminded of the old saying "There is no difference between a wise man and a fool when they fall in love".
Under which 'law' of science is this an irrefutable fact?
Source: Author darksplash
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.