Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Mt Wellington is the imposing backdrop to Hobart. How high is it?
2. Hobart lies along the Derwent River. Where does the river originate?
3. What body of water does the Derwent River empty into?
4. Hobart's central square is named for which explorer?
5. What is NOT correct about Hobart?
6. What island is accessible only by ferry and is a popular day trip from Hobart?
7. What public space is home to the Government House and the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens?
8. Hobart's and Australia's oldest theatre is named what?
9. The Australian Antarctic Division is headquartered in which Hobart suburb?
10. Why was an expedition to found Hobart sent from Sydney, Australia in 1803?
Source: Author Rosscoe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.