Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which city is the home of William H. Seward, Harriet Tubman, Theodore Case and a New York State prison? Minor League Baseball is played there, and it is located about one mile north of Owasco Lake.
2. This city is home to two well-known colleges and was an important area in the silent film era. What is the name of this city on the southern end of Cayuga Lake?
3. This village is home of the Motor Racing Research Center, a famous race track and a State Park. It is located on the southern tip of Seneca Lake. Name it.
4. What city has been nicknamed "The Lake Trout Capital of the World"? Hobart and William Smith College are found there, as well as a State Park. It is located on the northern end of Seneca Lake.
5. This village holds a Bathtub Race each year. It was home to Abigail Powers, wife of President Millard Fillmore. It has a state park and a medium-security prison. What is this village near the southern end of Owasco Lake?
6. A sign in this village says it is "The Eastern Entrance to the Finger Lakes". Welch Allyn has employed many people there for years. Identify this village at the northern end of Skaneateles Lake.
7. This village is the "The Birthplace of Memorial Day". It has the Memorial Day Museum. What is the name of this village situated on the Cayuga-Seneca Canal?
8. Which village was the home of aviation pioneer Glenn Curtiss? Acres and acres of vineyards surround the village to support its many wineries. It is found at the southern tip of Keuka Lake.
9. This city has the beautiful Sonnenberg Mansion and Gardens. It's the county seat of Ontario County. Susan B. Anthony was tried in court in this city for trying to vote. It also has a veterans hospital. What is the name of this city situated on the north end of Canandaigua Lake?
10. This village is important in women's history in the US. The first Women's Rights Convention was held there in 1848. The National Women's Hall of Fame and the Women's Rights National Park are there as well (Waterloo also is home to part of the Women's Rights National Park). This village is located on the Cayuga-Seneca Canal just east of Waterloo. What is this village's name?
Source: Author stevroll
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.