Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This country town is "easy to get to but hard to leave". It was founded in an area the Vikings possibly visited in the 14th century. Which of these towns is home to a 25 foot Viking statue known as "Big Ole" and the Kensington Runestone?
2. Which town is nicknamed the "Med City" because it is home to the Mayo Clinic, an internationally renowned medical hospital and research facility?
3. Where is the Guidant John Rose Minnesota Oval, one of the largest artificial outdoor skating surfaces in the world, located?
4. Known as the "Land Between the Lakes", this small town is located between two lakes in southern Minnesota. Which of these towns was named after the lake, which itself was named in honor of a United States Dragoon topographer?
5. Which of these towns, originally named Red Rock, was renamed in honor of the first US Supreme Court Justice who attended law school?
6. This town is one of the oldest in Minnesota, and is sometimes referred to as the birthplace of Minnesota. It attracted many settlers with its abundance of lumber and river traffic. Which of these towns was officially incorporated as a city on March 4, 1854, the same date as St. Paul?
7. What town, located north of the geographical center of Minnesota, used to be the territory of the Ojibwa Indians and has land on both sides of the Mississippi River?
8. The highest land point in Minnesota is a mountain that is 2,301 feet. Which mountain is located outside of the city of Grand Marais?
9. Which national forest covers three counties and was named in honor of Native Americans who first inhabited the area? It is located near the city of Cass Lake, Minnesota.
10. This mine is a National Historic Landmark, and is located in Hibbing, Minnesota. It is known for being the largest open-pit iron mine in the world. Which of these mines is known as the "Grand Canyon of the North"?
Source: Author exceller
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.