Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Corporal Slag flagged of his tour of Europe with a visit to a city steeped in history.
Wordwise: Solve this rebus type of wordplay to figure out the name of the city.
2. Staying within the United Kingdom, Slag headed north to celebrate Hogmanay in this Scottish city.
Wordwise: Solve this rebus type of wordplay to guess his next destination.
3. With a few more days to spend in the United Kingdom, the Corporal next visited Wales.
Rebus: Combine the words described by the terms given below to locate Corporal Slag.
Type of bird + Water body
4. Next on the Corporal's itinerary was a Scandinavian city which has lent its name to a psychological phenomenon.
Fractured Words: Say the words out loud and the place of Corporal Slag's visit should spring to mind.
5. Looking for some sunshine, Slag turned south to Greece.
Hidden Words: Slag's next destination is hidden in the sentence below.
Arianna paused, picked up a drachma, then strolled past the Parthenon.
6. Having discovered a new passion for ancient monuments, Corporal Slag included Italy in his tour.
Hidden Words: Hidden in the sentence below is the next stop on Slag's tour.
Nero meekly fiddled while his city burned.
7. Seeking a change of pace, Corporal Slag decided to unwind on a gondola ride.
Fractured Words: Say the words out loud and the Corporal's current location should spring to mind.
8. Refreshed and relaxed, Slag headed to Eastern Europe to visit a city that lent its name to a pact signed between eight communist countries during the Cold War.
Rebus: Combine synonyms for the terms given below to form an Eastern European capital city.
Conflict + Cutting tool
9. Next on the Corporal's list was a country that is home to the Carpathian mountains.
Fractured Words: Say the words out loud and an eastern European capital should spring to mind.
10. Corporal Slag's final port of call was a French city where he visited the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur on the Montmartre hill.
Cryptic: Solve this cryptic clue to reveal Slag's final destination.
Mixed up pairs ambled along the Seine.
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.