Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This once beautiful land is known as Iran today. However, it had another name before this one. What was it?
2. The Persian Empire was founded by Cyrus the Great.
3. The entire empire was built on two basic principles, which helped it last for quite a while. Which of these was one of those principles?
4. The Persian Empire met its end in the hands of King Philip II of Macedon.
5. When it came to religion, there were different kinds in the Persian Empire. However, the main religion was the worship of "Ahura Mazda", complete faith and the doing of good deeds, and free will. What was this religion called?
6. A beautiful palace, the Apadana, was adorned with gold and artistic creations. "Takht-e-Jamshid", also known as the "Throne of Jamshid". These sites were located in one of the capitals of the Persian Empire. Which city was it?
7. A famous road was rebuilt by the Persian king, Darius I. What was it called?
8. Which deed of King Cyrus the Great was highly appreciated by Christians?
9. In which city is the Tomb of Cyrus the Great?
10. In which naval battle of the Greco-Persian wars were the Persians defeated, efectively for good?
Source: Author maryam_katt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.