Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. January 1974 saw a major natural disaster occur in Brisbane. What was it?
2. A surprise hit song in the form of "The Lord's Prayer" came out of 1974. Who was the singer?
3. A new 'soapie' based around the life and times of a high school "Class Of '74" premieres. Can you remember who sang the theme song?
4. In 1974 Australia gained a new national song. What was it?
5. Which American crooner visited Australia, leaving a lasting impression?
6. 1974 saw our economic status worsen, with the trade deficit hitting its highest point for 23 years. Inflation was at 20%. How much was a loaf of bread?
7. A legendary Australian band of the 1970's, released their debut album in October 1974. Can you name the band?
8. Which popular music program premiered in November 1974?
9. Another natural disaster stunned the nation in 1974. Which city was virtually destroyed by a cyclone?
10. What was the #1 song in Australia for 1974?
Source: Author mandamoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.