Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In January 1975, a benefit concert was held at the Sydney Opera House and raised $75,000 for victims of the Cyclone Tracy disaster. Sadly, tragedy struck elsewhere in the country. The Bulk carrier 'Lake Illawarra' drifted off course while travelling down the Derwent River in Hobart, crashing into which bridge?
2. On 1st March 1975, what appeared on Australian television screens?
3. A national health scheme was introduced in Australia in 1975. At first it was called 'Medibank', but in 1984 it was renamed. What was its name name?
4. Five Australian journalists were murdered in October, 1975. Where were they working at the time?
5. Which horse won the Melbourne Cup in 1975, for the second time?
6. 11th November will always be Remembrance Day, but 11th November 1975 will forever be etched in Australian history and remembered for another event. Can you name it?
7. Which country won the Ashes cricket series in 1975?
8. Which classic film, telling of the curious events that occurred on St Valentine's Day 1900, was released in 1975?
9. Can you name the song AC/DC performed on the back of a truck, in 1975?
10. What was the #1 song in Australia for 1975?
Source: Author mandamoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.