Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Victoria Cross for Australia is the highest military decoration in the Australian Honours System. For what is it awarded?
2. Which European monarch(s) authorized and instituted the Spanish Inquisition?
3. After the American Civil War, what were Northern opportunists who traveled South called?
4. One of the world's largest oil spills happened when retreating Iraqi forces purposely opened oil pipelines into the Persian Gulf. During what military operation did this happen?
5. Who said, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"?
6. The first Roman aqueduct was built in 312 B.C. What is its name?
7. President George Washington established the 'Badge of Military Merit' as the first combat decoration in US history. The first recipients fought in which war?
8. Which Russian ship suffered a famous mutiny in 1905, a forerunner to the Russian Revolution?
9. During the fall of 1941, nearly 2000 non-combat Canadian soldiers were brought into the Second World War in case of an attack on an important British colony. Where were these troops stationed?
10. Captain Pedro Alvares Cabral, a Templar from the Order of Christ (established by King Denis, negotiating with Pope John XXII for its recognition) was greeted by nude natives of what present day country when he discovered it in 1500?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.