Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When the 'human rights' of children gained special attention prior to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child in 1989, which practice now deemed a 'human wrong' caused a lot of division in families and schools in countries where it was not already a 'wrong'?
2. Despite the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) this particular 'human right' was still considered to be an 'abomination' in many conservative sections of Western societies for decades. What is it?
3. While many still adhere to the principle that marriage is sacred and that it's a 'human wrong' to divorce one's partner, which new grounds for divorce in 1969 gave couples the 'human right' to be free of each other without fault or guilt?
4. It took a long time for women to win their 'human right' to vote, but which country waited until 1962 to give its indigenous people this right?
5. As overburdened Western countries increasingly question the 'human right' to political asylum, which 1939 incident highlighted the 'human wrong' of turning back those subject to persecution?
6. Which product, issued to Allied service personnel during the 1939-45 war as a near essential entitlement, almost a right, has since come to be seen as a 'wrong'?
7. A fair day's work for a fair day's pay is a 'human right' that most nations observe, but which practice is increasingly being used by employers in western countries to obtain unpaid labour?
8. Exposed increasingly from the 1980s onwards, which human wrong had been largely kept hidden for decades?
9. Another 'human wrong' that may be gaining the status of a 'human right' in western countries - and is already accepted in the Netherlands and Switzerland particularly - is which practice?
10. Women's 'human rights' concerning their body, employment and place in society were advanced significantly by which product in the 1960s?
Source: Author caramellor
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.