Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was known as 'The Greatest Knight' of them all. I served several English kings and at one point was regent of England. I was a wealthy magnate receiving most of my Irish and Welsh lands through my marriage.
2. How turbulent I really was could be open to debate but I certainly was not the most popular Archbishop of Canterbury although my relationship with the King started off well.
3. I was known as the 'Maid of Orleans' although the English probably had a few more choice names for me. The apparent voices I heard encouraged me to great things before I met a nasty end burnt at the stake.
4. I was once Guardian of Scotland and legend has it that after suffering a resounding defeat at the hands of the English I watched a spider endeavour to spin its web which then spurred me to victory.
5. I'm famous for some tales from Canterbury, but what is less known is that I was distantly related to the English royal family through my marriage to Philippa de Roet.
6. My translation of the 'Recuyell of the Histories of Troye' was the first book printed in the English language. However, I did not stop there and printed around about a further hundred books.
7. One could say I was the epitome of Renaissance Man. The saying 'jack-of-all- trades, master of none' did not apply to me as I excelled in whatever I did whether it was science, mathematics or the arts.
8. I was a Portuguese explorer. With the help of the Spanish king I began the first attempt to circumnavigate the globe. Unfortunately, I did not make it as a little disagreement with some chiefs in the Philippines resulted in my death.
9. My nickname was the Kingmaker, and I had a huge influence in The Wars of The Roses - at least I did until I met my end in one of those battles.
10. I led the 'revolting peasants' in an poll tax rebellion. However, after upsetting the King I met a grisly end at Smithfield.
Source: Author hj1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.