Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's see what we're up against here. Ah ha! It's an English stone keep castle.
Which of these was a feature of a stone keep castle?
2. It's time to attack. Bring out the mangonel!
What did a mangonel do?
3. The archers are using longbows to fire arrows at the castle!
Was it possible for archers within some English castles to shoot arrows back at the attackers?
4. Here comes a siege engine!
Which of these is the name of a siege engine?
5. We're almost inside!
What is the name of the metal gate blocking the entrance to the castle?
6. The siege weapons have worked! There's a small hole in the castle wall.
What could attacking soldiers use to make the hole large enough for people to climb through?
7. Watch out! Soldiers are trying to defend the castle using a machicolation.
What was a machicolation?
8. That's it! We're in! But it's not over yet. There are enemy soldiers running at us from the other side of the courtyard.
Which of these is a ranged weapon that could be thrown at an approaching enemy?
9. The enemy soldiers have got shields.
Which shape is also the name of a medieval shield?
10. Swords out! Time to attack!
Swords were not the only close combat weapons in medieval England. Which of these was also a close combat weapon?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.