Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On June 27, 1976, Air France Flight 139 left Tel Aviv for Paris. During a stopover in which city that is considered the birthplace of democracy, did the terrorists board the plane?
2. Once Air France Flight 139 resumed its flight, the hijackers took control and diverted the plane to which city in northern Africa that saw the murder of the US ambassador in 2012?
3. After refuelling in northern Africa, the hijacked plane was then flown to Entebbe which is found in which East African country?
4. There were four hijackers in the initial phase, two Palestinians and two Germans. The Germans were linked with several different leftist terrorist organizations. Of the four listed, which is NOT one of them?
5. The flight the Israeli forces took on their way to Entebbe led them over which body of water, that figures prominently in Jewish history as recorded in the Bible?
6. Entebbe is found on the shores of which African lake, that played a conspicuous role in the Israeli forces initial stages of planning?
7. What do the initial code name for the operation, and Harry Potter, have in common?
8. The Israeli force charged with carrying out the mission was the Sayeret Matkal. What nickname does this force share with an American TV Show about Delta Force operators that aired during the late 2000s?
9. Which African country served as a refueling station and hospital stop for the Israeli forces after the raid?
10. Idi Amin was the dictator of the country wherein Entebbe is found; and allowed the hijackers to use the Entebbe Airport. What were the ramifications of the raid on his rule?
Source: Author tazman6619
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.