Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these is the belief that God has determined in advance who will be saved (the 'elect') and who will be damned (the 'reprobate')?
2. What gave a release from all or part of punishment for sin by the Catholic Church, reducing time in purgatory after death?
3. This pope was a member of the wealthy and most prestigious Medici family of Florence.
4. Which of these is the practice of bishops not residing in the diocese he was in charge of but rather made his residence at the royal court or family estate?
5. What is another name for the Church of England?
6. Which of these is believed by the Catholic church to be required to receive absolution for sin?
7. What separated Spanish discoveries from those of Portugal?
8. This person was Magellan's lieutenant who returned the ship to Spain after his death.
9. The practice of church leaders holding two or more bishoprics in order to collect additional income.
10. This is the term for small landowners in Poland.
11. Under this pope, the papacy was little more than a Spanish preserve, filled with the pope's children, his relatives, and friends.
12. At which of these universities was Luther a professor?
13. Which of these beliefs is held by Lutheranism?
14. Which of these beliefs about baptism were held by the Anabaptists?
15. Which of these does Calvinism emphasize?
16. This person was Henry VIII's chancellor who first sought to have his divorce recognized by the pope.
17. How many legitimate children of Henry VIII survived infancy?
18. This woman formed the Ursulines, a group of nuns dedicated to teaching in schools for girls.
19. Which of these ended the religious wars (at least temporarily) between Catholics and Lutherans in the Holy Roman Empire?
20. Which of these is the name given to the French Calvinists?
Source: Author brittany1119
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.