Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which English city did John White live as a young adult?
2. In 1566, John White married Thomasine Cooper. Which statement best describes their children?
3. The voyage to Roanoke Island was not John White's only trip outside of England. Which area did he visit in 1577 as part of an expedition under Martin Frobisher?
4. In 1585, John White would accompany the English expedition that would establish a colony on Roanoke Island. In addition to his role as an artist, what over job would he fulfill for the expedition?
5. John White may be best known for the artwork he produced while part of the Roanoke colony. What was the typical medium that he used?
6. In 1587, the English attempted a colony at Roanoke for a second time. What additional role did John White have with this colony?
7. One of the best known people of the Roanoke colony was Virginia, the first child of English descent born in North America. What was her relationship to John White?
8. In 1587, John White would sail from Roanoke to travel to England for supplies. About how long would it be before he returned to Roanoke?
9. When John White returned to the Roanoke colony, he founded it deserted. One possible clue was a tree with a word carved into it. What was that word?
10. In addition to England, in which other country did John White live after his final return from Roanoke Island?
Source: Author bernie73
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.