Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This beautiful Washington D.C. monument is devoted arguably to one of the most popular of American presidents. Whose nineteen foot statue is the central focus?
2. Of course, this is the Statue of Liberty. Notice the tiny plane in the picture. It is flown by a former bicycle mechanic and aviation pioneer. Who was this man who gave many in New York City their first glimpse of a heavier-than-air craft?
3. Here is a view of the Hermitage but it is not in Russia. What famous American resided here?
4. Two bright lights penetrate the sky over New York City. Of what are the lights symbolic?
5. On April 12, 1861 the first official shots were fired in the American Civil War. Fort Sumter was battered by Confederate cannon. Near what South Carolina city is Fort Sumter?
6. Pictured is a five cent coin with an image of Thomas Jefferson on the front. What was pictured on the back?
7. General Antonio López de Santa Ana of Mexico declared victory at what Texas site on March 6, 1836?
8. In the hills of southwestern Wisconsin lies this building designed and occupied by arguably the greatest American architect of his time. He called it 'Taliesin' or 'shining brow" as he meant it to be not on top of the hill but a part of it. Who was the architect?
9. Gutzon Borglum and his son, Lincoln Borglum, spent years carving the likenesses of four presidents into Mount Rushmore. Who was NOT one of the four?
10. One of the iconic buildings that symbolizes the American government is the White House. Who was the first president to reside there?
Source: Author Rehaberpro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.