Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1540 this explorer set out to explore what is now the southwest part of the United States. His mission was to look for the 'Seven Cities of Gold'.
2. Who was the first European to see and explore the Mississippi River?
3. What happened on Ellis Island?
4. When the Pilgrims landed in America they decided to make a set of laws. What were these laws called?
5. Where was the first successful English settlement in mainland America?
6. What was one reason that the Japanese were successful in their attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941?
7. During World War I one of these countries was a member of the Central Powers. Which?
8. Charles Lindbergh was the first person to fly an airplane solo across the Atlantic Ocean alone. How long did it take him to do this?
9. In 1986 the rocket carrying The Challenger space shuttle exploded just after takeoff. Seven astronauts were killed. One of them was a school teacher. Who was she?
10. During the United States Civil War which one of these states was a Union state?
Source: Author Jack212
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.