Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. c. 600 BC, Formed a federation of twelve cities
2. c. 800 BC, Built Athenaion temple to honor Athena
3. 1861, Ruled the unified the Italian Peninsula
4. 9th century AD, Became independent republic
5. c. 500 BC, Belonged to confederation that included Herculaneum and Pompeii
6. c. 300s BC, Named the city Surrentum
7. 555 AD-9th century AD, Protected from raids of Saracens
8. 1035, Taken by Guaimar IV of Salerno
9. 1137, Annexed into the Kingdom of Sicily
10. 1558, Sacked city after a nearby naval battle with Spain
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.