Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A former Bishop of Winchester is associated with a piece of English weather lore. Who was he?
2. What is the name of the underwater diver credited with saving the cathedral from collapse in the early 1900s?
3. The "Fisherman's Chapel" is the burial place of which noted angling author?
4. Which item connected with Arthurian legend hangs in the great hall of Winchester Castle?
5. Which King of England and Wessex is commemorated by a statue in Winchester town centre?
6. Who was responsible for the destruction of Winchester Castle?
7. Winchester and Winchester Cathedral have many tourists visit because of the association with a certain female author who died in 1817. Who was she?
8. Winchester was the influence for the Anthony Trollope's "Barsetshire" series of novels.
9. Winchester College has educated several famous people. Of the following who was NOT educated at Winchester?
10. Winchester is probably the only English cathedral to have a song named after it. Who recorded "Winchester Cathedral"?
Source: Author StarStruck60
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.