Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Ride a ____ ____ to Banbury Cross
To see a fine lady upon a white horse
With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
She shall have music wherever she goes".
Which words are missing from this nursery rhyme?
2. H.O.R.S.E. is the acronym for a version of which popular card game?
3. This uncomfortable looking bicycle shown in the image is otherwise known as what?
4. Devil on horseback is a savoury dish which consists of a pitted date wrapped in bacon. What is an "Angel on horseback"?
5. What is the name for this piece of woodworking equipment more commonly used in constructing barrels and archery bows?
6. Harrison Ford, John Travolta and Halle Berry were all born in the Year of the Horse. What are their main characteristics according to the Chinese Zodiac?
7. Which is the only piece on a chess board that can jump over other pieces?
8. The horse stance in Asian martial arts is also known by what name?
9. Armoracia rusticana looks innocent in appearance, but its roots contain a fiery condiment used in cooking. What is its more common name?
10. Horseshoes is a popular outdoor game with official rules governed by the NHPA. What do these initials stand for?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.