Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You have arrived at the climbing gym. Many people are enjoying themselves on a wide variety of colourful climbs. You proceed to the counter. You've never climbed before. What is the first thing that you have to do?
2. The cashier at the climbing gym asks you if you will be renting any equipment. As it is your first climbing experience, you don't own any. What is the one piece of equipment that is absolutely necessary?
3. Because you don't want to fall and hurt yourself when rock climbing indoors, you opt for the beginner lesson. Especially as it covers the equipment rental and your day of climbing. What is the absolute first thing that you are taught during the lesson?
4. The rock climbing instructor teaches you a knot. This knot is named for its shape and is the only knot that you are allowed to use to tie into a climbing route. What is this super safe knot called?
5. The rock climbing instructor shows you an object called a gri gri. The gri gri comes equipped with a brake system. How does the brake engage on this device?
6. Your friend is climbing their first indoor rock wall. You are down at the bottom with the instructor. What one thing do you never do with the rope running through the gri gri?
7. Now it's your turn to climb the rock wall. Before you head up the wall, your partner performs a safety check. What is not part of the safety check?
8. You're on your first rock climb, but it is tough. Your arms are getting exhausted. What are you doing wrong?
9. You finally make it to the top of the rock climbing wall. Time to come down. What is not part of preparing to be let down?
10. Congratulations, you've finished your first indoor rock climb. You untie the rope and prepare to tackle the next route. How should the rope be left?
Source: Author Pythagoras6
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.