Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the fabric pattern that is quite heavy, often used in upholstery and drapes, and appears embroidered even though the designs are actually created in a loom?
2. Chinoiserie is a pattern that depicts western takes on ancient life in which Asian culture?
3. What is the language of origin of the "quatrefoil" pattern?
4. The paisley pattern got its name from a town in Scotland.
5. What is the name of the check-like pattern that resembles a dog's tooth?
6. A tartan is a plaid, but is a plaid a tartan?
7. Which two animal prints have been the most common in women's clothing since the mid-1960s?
8. Which pattern incorporates a symbol used by European (particularly French) monarchs through the ages?
9. What country adopted the toile pattern from Ireland where it originated in the late 18th century?
10. What is the check pattern with intermediate squares where white lightens the intensity of the contrasting color by half?
Source: Author Trivia_Fan54
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.