Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where was Cole Porter born?
2. Cole Porter's first Broadway show, a flop, opened on March 28, 1916. Can you identify the show?
3. Cole Porter moved to Paris, France, in 1917. There are many reports of his joining the military during the war effort. Which of these services claims him as a soldier?
4. Cole Porter was married to the same woman from 1919 until her death in 1954. Which of these wealthy socialites did he marry?
5. Cole Porter had his first Broadway hit in 1928, though he did not write all of the music and songs for this production. Which of these, starring actress Irene Bordoni, was his first hit show?
6. Though not a large success, do you know which of these was the first Hollywood film to include songs and music by Cole Porter?
7. The song "Night and Day" was so identified with Cole Porter that it became the title of a 1946 film purported to be his biography. What show introduced this song?
8. In 1937, Cole Porter was in a crippling accident, and would never fully recover. Which of these happened?
9. The first Tony award given for "Best Musical" went to a Cole Porter 1948 musical. Do you know which?
10. Which of these Cole Porter productions was written as a ninety minute television show which aired on February 21, 1958?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.