Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The title for the novel 'Postern of Fate' is inspired by a poem 'Gates of Damascus'. This poem is also featured in another short story. Can you identify the book which contains this short story?
2. The title of the novel 'Taken at the Flood' is inspired from a line in a play by William Shakespeare. Do you know the name of the play?
3. One of Agatha Christie's novels features a character who is described as "exactly like a young man out of one of Mr. P. G. Wodehouse's books." Can you identify the name of this novel?
4. The title of the novel 'The Mirror Crack'd' is from a famous poem by Lord Tennyson. Do you know which poem?
5. 'Partners in Crime' is a Tommy and Tuppence short story collection, where the duo mimics famous fictional detectives. Who among the following fictional detectives is NOT featured in this book?
6. The title of the novel 'The Pale Horse' features a verse from a book of the New Testament. Which book is this?
7. The title of the Tommy and Tuppence novel 'By the Pricking of my Thumbs' is inspired by the lines from William Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'.
8. "The Moving Finger writes and having writ moves on.." is a line from a poem that has inspired a Christie novel titled 'The Moving Finger'. Can you name the poet?
9. 'Sad Cypress' is yet another novel where the title is inspired from a Shakespeare play. Which is this play?
10. The title of the Christie novel 'Endless Night' is inspired from a poem. Do you know the name of the poet?
Source: Author deepakmr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.