Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following was NOT a major source for Melville when he wrote "Moby Dick"?
2. When was "Moby Dick" first published?
3. To whom did Melville dedicate "Moby Dick"?
4. The first sentence in Moby Dick" is "Call me Ishmael." From where does the name "Ishmael" come?
5. The Captain of the whaling ship is Ahab. From where does his name come?
6. Who is the first main character in "Moby Dick" that Ishmael meets?
7. Why was Captain Ahab after Moby Dick?
8. Who is the Chief Mate on the "Pequod"?
9. From where comes the name of the ship "Pequod"?
10. How many of those who sailed on the "Pequod" survived at the end of the novel?
Source: Author lowtechmaster
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.