Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This author was born at Yasnaya Polyana, but then orphaned at the age of 9 and raised by an aunt. In university he studied languages and law, but never got a degree. His most famous works, 'Anna Karenina' and 'War and Peace', have been translated into many languages and brought him world wide recognition long after his death. What is his name?
2. This journalist, novelist and doctor lived in the end of nineteenth and the first half of twentieth century. He was born in Kiev, which was part of USSR and at first worked as a doctor during the Russian Revolution and World War I. Later on he wrote one of his most famous novels, 'Master and Margarita', which is a story of the Devil visiting Moscow. Unfortunately, it took decades to publish the novel officially since its content was censored by Russian governement. Who is he?
3. This author was born in the hospital for the poor in Moscow. Later on he went to St. Petersburg Academy of Military Engineers and graduated as a lieutenant. After that he spent four years in a Siberia prison due to his acquaintance with Butashevich-Petrashevsky. His most famous works are 'The Idiot', 'Crime and Punishment', and 'Brothers Karamazov'. Who is he?
4. This author is most known as a poet and a playwright. He was born in a noble Russian family and found his literary talent in school and was a formed poet at the age of 15. He was a very social person; he also took part in undercover revolutionary group and because of that was exiled to Caucasus. Later on the Czar pardoned him and he returned to St. Petersburg. He is well known for his verse novel 'Eugene Onegin' and drama 'Boris Godunov'. He was a jealous man and died at the age of 38 by challenging his wife's admirer to a duel.
5. This author is one of most cherished Russian storytellers. He wrote plays and stories, some of them small farces and other much longer dramas. One of his most known works is 'The Three Sisters'. Who is he?
Source: Author Lanire
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.