Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Norman seaside-resort was described as BALBEC in Marcel Proust's 'Remembrance of Past Time'?
2. Which of these authors was not only linked by birth to the town of Bordeaux but even became its burgomaster (or mayor)?
3. Near Macon in Burgundy there is a little village called Milly that became famous because of the poet who lived there. What is the present name of the village?
4. Francois Auguste Rene de Chateaubriand had his residence in the Castle of Combourg. Where in France is that castle?
5. Which North French town was home to Jules Verne, the author of 'Around the World in 80 Days' and 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea'?
6. Which French author earned herself a reputation with the letters she wrote to her daughter in the Castle of Grignan in Southern France ?
7. Why is the French author Marcel Jouhandeau rather unpopular in his hometown Gueret in the Creuse department ?
8. Who is the French playwright that called his hometown Bellac (in the Haute Vienne, a department of the Limousin) 'the prettiest town in France', and made it the scene of some of his plays?
9. Who was the famous occupant of the Castle of Nohant who counted among her close friends: Franz Liszt, Eugene Delacroix, Turgenev, Honore de Balzac, Theophile Gautier and especially Frederic Chopin?
10. He had a large house at Croisset near the Seine (in Normandy, at a short distance from Rouen.) Guy de Maupassant was one of his closest friends. Of one of his most popular heroines he said that 'she was him'. Who was HE?
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.