Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dictionary, n. 'A malevolent literary device for cramping growth of a language and making it hard and inelastic. This ___________ however, is a most useful work.'
2. What is 'Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need, for the price of the cow that you cannot afford.'?
3. What is 'A species of snake. So called from its habit of adding funeral expenses to the other expenses of living.'?
4. Infancy, n. 'The period of our lives when according to ___________ 'Heaven lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.'
5. What is 'A place of retirement for women who wish for leisure to meditate upon the vice of idleness.'?
6. What is 'An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.'?
7. Callous, adj. 'Gifted with great fortitude to bear the evils afflicting another.' Is this definition, according to Bierce, true or false?
8. Cemetery, n. 'An isolated suburban spot where...'
9. What is a 'Court Fool'?
10. What is 'One who ventures to believe that Adam need not have sinned unless he had a mind to...'?
Source: Author exit10
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.