Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Punyakante Wijaeaike(1933- )is a noted Commonwealth novelist and short story writer. Now, the question is: in which country was she born?
2. Punyakante Wijenaike (1930- ) has written a number of excellent novels so far. Now, your question is: which of the following novels is NOT written by her?
3. Punyakante Wijenaike has been honoured by several national and international authorities. She won the 'Women of Achievement' Award in 1985 and the 'Kalasuri Class 1 rank' by the Govt. of Srilanka in 1988. This time the question is: in which year did she win the Commonwealth short story competition for radio?
4. In the story 'The River', the author narrated the courageous fight of a lone woman against the wild forces of nature. Now, you have to answer: what was the name of that 'lone woman'?
5. In the story 'The River', we find a woman named 'Lansina Nona'. Now, the question is: what is the meaning of the term 'Lansina Nona'?
6. The fury of the river went on increasing year after year. The villagers lost all hope after the damages in the second flood. This time the question for you is: what was the final decision taken by the villagers?
7. In the story, the author mentioned the name of a tree called 'BO-tree. Now, your question is: what purpose did the BO-Tree serve in the story 'The River'?
8. In the story the author has mentioned a term 'Bana'. This time your question is: what is the meaning of the term 'Bana'?
9. The struggle, suffering and misfortunes of Lansina Nona are sometimes compared with that of an immortal character created by Earnest Hemingway in 'The Old Man and the Sea'. Now, your question is: what is the name of that character?
10. 'Here I was born and here I will die when the time comes'. Now, your question is: when did Lansina Nona utter this sentence?
Source: Author indranil49
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.