Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Duchess of the title kicks off the action by marrying Antonio, a commoner, but why exactly is this a major inciting incident, again?
2. The intrigue isn't about to stop there - the Duchess' secret marriage to a commoner goes undetected for a long time, despite the efforts of her twin brother. Who is her twin brother who employs a cranky scholar to be his spy in his sister's house?
3. The Duchess' marriage is discovered by which man, who picks up a letter dropped by the otherwise occupied Antonio, and later hears from the Duchess who the guilty husband is?
4. The Duchess' second brother is which sinister, adulterous murderer who is the only one to wield poison in this play?
5. Ferdinand and the Cardinal eventually lead a mission to separate their sister the Duchess from her husband, and succeed in capturing her. When she is imprisoned, what do they tell her to break her spirit?
6. As if that lie weren't enough, Ferdinand installs a group of which people near his sister, to keep her on edge?
7. Which foolish count and soldier is the man who the Cardinal and Ferdinand decide could be the Duchess' next legitimate husband?
8. The Cardinal poisons his mistress Julia for her romantic and political betrayal, but in a highly unusual way. What unusual object does he have her kiss, thereby killing her?
9. The falling action of this play features a severely mentally ill Ferdinand. What does he believe he has turned into, due to his cruel crimes?
10. The literally dark night of the finale features many murders and accidental deaths. Which is NOT a death from the bloodsoaked final chapter?
Source: Author merylfederman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.