Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who is the character who is trying to finish a painting but keeps saying that she can't get the painting right?
2. What does famous biographer/scholar Mr Ramsay fear that he will never get to?
3. After World War I is over, the Ramsay summer house is falling apart; who are the main characters who put it back together again?
4. Who is the man who keeps saying too often, "Woman can't write. Women can't paint"?
5. Of whom is the painting which is the subject of so much of the novel?
6. Who thinks a lot about having some solitude and refers to this time as being "a wedge-shaped core of darkness, something invisible to others"? "To the Lighthouse," Section One
7. Who does not die in this novel?
8. Who finishes the journey and makes it to the lighthouse in the third section of the novel?
9. Time is extremely important in this three part novel. The middle part, the shortest part, "Time Passes," summarizes a definite time in the history of the summer house. How much time does this section cover?
10. What is it that Mrs. Ramsay cannot do?
Source: Author Windswept
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.