Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'The Wings Of Eagles' (1957)- _______ portrays Frank 'Spig' Wead in John Ford's tribute to the aviator who helped develop naval air power?
2. 'In Harm's Way' (1965)- A look at the lives of Navy men and their women caught up in the chaos of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor?
3. 'Flying Leathernecks'(1951)-Nicholas Ray directed this _____-Robert Ryan yarn about Marine pilots in the South Pacific amid WWII?
4. 'Rancho Notorious'(1952)-Fritz Lang directed this tale of a saloon singer who runs a hideout for bandits?
5. 'Carbine Williams'(1952)-Story of how imprisoned Marsh Williams developed the carbine rifle?
6. 'The Kentuckian'(1955)-Spirited adventure saga set in the 1820's with _____ as a widower who takes his young son with him on a journey from his native Kentucky to Texas?
7. 'The Long Voyage Home'(1940)-Merchant Seamen on a tramp fighter drink, dodge U-boats and rescue a shanghaied Swede in the early days of WWII?
8. 'The Bravados'(1958)-Powerful drama of frontier justice stars _____ as the man out to catch four outlaws he believes were responsible for killing his wife?
9. 'The Comancheros'(1961)-Action animates this saga of outlaws and Texas Rangers?
10. 'The Vintage'(1957)-Passions during the grape harvest in Southern France?
11. 'Arrowhead'(1953)-Cavalry officer and Apache warrior are bitter enemies in this rousing yarn?
12. 'Sahara'(1943)-_____ excels as a world-weary commander of a huge American tank named Lulu Belle which he must move across the Sahara desert during WWII?
13. 'The War Wagon'(1967) ____ masterminds a plot to heist an armored car loaded with gold dust.
14. 'Up The River' (1930)____ and Spencer Tracy as jailbirds, anxious about a baseball game against a rival penitentiary?
15. 'The Searchers'(1956) John Ford's stirring account of two men on a perilous search for a girl kidnapped by Indians.
16. 'Dark Command'(1940)Vigorous tale of Kansas during the Civil War, depicting the rise and fall of William Quantrill and his raiders?
17. 'Battle Of The Bulge'(1965) Depiction of events that led to the end of WWII in Europe.
18. 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence'(1962) ____ and Jimmy Stewart share the same love interest and both want the same man dead.
19. 'Cimarron' (1931) A landmark in the western genre, this Oscar winning adaption of the Edna Ferber novel traces 40 years in the settlement and development of the Oklahoma territory.
20. 'The Texans' (1938) Prarie fires, snowstorms, hostile Indians and a gun-smuggling Joan Bennett are just some of the problems trail boss ____ has to cope with on a 10,000 head cattle drive to Kansas.
Source: Author buckmanboston
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.