Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Maureen O'Hara, one of the Duke's best friends and a favorite female co-star, appeared in which of the following films?
2. Who played Cherry Malotte, a saloon singer, in "The Spoilers" (1942), a movie about gold mining in Alaska?
3. Although he achieved early stardom in "Stagecoach" (1939), which movie, with the Duke as a frontier scout, was his first starring role?
4. Which of the following was a Civil War Era movie, in which one of the characters was William Quantrill (spelled "Cantrell" in the movie), the notorious Confederate raider?
5. In which movie, possibly the Duke's worst film, is it commonly believed that he, co-star Susan Hayward and director Dick Powell all got cancer (from which all three later died) because of the proximity to the filming location of a nuclear test site?
6. What was the only movie John Wayne made with Geraldine Page?
7. Which early classic, with the Duke as The Ringo Kid, co-starred Claire Trevor, John Carradine and Thomas Mitchell?
8. Which movie, one of Wayne's great early Westerns, co-starred Ward Bond with Ella Raines (as the black-haired beauty) and Audrey Long (as the blonde beauty) competing for the Duke's affection?
9. In which movie did the Duke and Rock Hudson form a strange alliance against the Mexican Government, as former Yankee and Confederate officers?
10. Duke most often played a Union soldier, but in this movie he was a Confederate soldier returning home from the War, to find that Indians had burned his brother's ranch and kidnapped his two daughters, one of whom was later murdered. Wayne and his nephew set out on a five year search to find the missing girls. The cast included Ward Bond, Vera Miles, Natalie Wood and Harry Carey, Jr. Which movie was it?
Source: Author wandev
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.