Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 1942 film 'Casablanca' is known for many famous scenes and memorable lines. What is the name of the character with whom Ilsa leaves Morocco on a flight to Lisbon at the end of the film?
2. Who or what is referred to by the title of the 1951 film 'The African Queen'?
3. In 1952, Henry King directed a film adaptation of a story by Ernest Hemingway, starring Gregory Peck as Harry Street and Susan Hayward as his wife, Helen. What was the name of this Oscar-nominated movie?
4. The 1964 film 'Zulu', which gave Michael Caine his first starring role, was set in the 1879 Anglo-Zulu war. What was the name of the famous battle which was the focus of the film?
5. Virginia McKenna and Bill Travers starred in a 1966 film about a couple who raised an orphaned lioness named Elsa, then released her into the wild. It was based on a book of the same name, written by Joy Adamson, the character played by Virginia McKenna. What was the name of this movie set in Kenya?
6. Peter Ustinov portrayed Hercule Poirot in a 1978 film based on an Agatha Christie novel set in Africa. Which of these was it?
7. The first movie starring Indiana Jones to be released started in a snake-filled temple in Peru before moving to Africa (and a few other locations) for the race to recover a valuable artifact that was also being sought by the Nazis. What was the name of this 1981 film that was set in 1936?
8. A 1984 film about the life of a boy raised by primates following the death of the Earl of Greystoke and his wife Alice had which of these titles?
9. Which of these characters was NOT in fact a ruler of the lions of Pride Land at any time during the 1994 film 'The Lion King'?
10. Which of these actors was the first to portray a titular mummy on film?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.