Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1948, this star appeared in seven films, including an uncredited role as a spear carrier in 'Hamlet'. With over 200 screen roles, he was probably best known before 'The Lord of the Rings' for his appearance in a number of Hammer Horror films during the 1950s, including performances as Frankenstein's Creature, Count Dracula and The Mummy. Those with shorter movie memories may recall him as Death in 'Welcome to the Discworld' (1996) or the Burgomaster in 'Sleepy Hollow' (1999). Which of these actors was clearly well prepared for his 'LoTR' role as a figure of menacing evil?
2. In 1969, this actor made his first screen appearance in 'A Touch of Love', but he was already an established actor on the British stage, where he has continued to maintain a reputation as an excellent Shakespearian actor. Which actor was performing as Magneto in 'X-Men' (2000) when Peter Jackson cast him for his magical role in 'The Lord of the Rings'?
3. What versatile actor, who won a Tony Award in 1967, and was nominated for an Academy Award for portraying Sam Mussabini in 'Chariots of Fire' (1981), portrayed an aging ringbearer in 'The Lord of the Rings'?
4. Which elfin actor was well known to Australian audiences for his role as Tick in 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' (1994) before he took on the role of Agent Smith in 'The Matrix' (1999)?
5. This Australian actor won both BAFTA and Golden Globe awards for her portrayal of the title character in 'Elizabeth' (1998), a role for which she was also nominated for an Academy Award as Best Actress. Her first film, 'Parklands' (1996) was only released in Australia, but 'Paradise Road' (1997), in which she played nurse Susan McCarthy, had international release. Which of these portrayed the fair elf who was known as the Lady of Lorien?
6. An appearance in Peter Weir's 1985 film 'Witness', as the Amish farmer Moses Hochleitner, marked the screen debut of an American actor who subsequently amassed a number of other screen credits during the 1990s, before portraying the heir to the thrones of Arnor and Gondor. Which of these appeared in 'Carlito's Way' (1993) and 'G.I. Jane' (1997) before becoming one of the central figures in 'The Lord of the Rings'?
7. Before he became one of the hobbits in the fellowship, what actor had been seen as Mikey Walsh in 'The Goonies' (1985) and as Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, in the 1993 film 'Rudy'?
8. After a film debut at the age of eight in 'Back to the Future II' (1989) as Video-Game Boy #2, this actor fashioned a thriving career as a child actor, including starring roles in 'Paradise' (1991) and 'Forever Young' (1992), and playing the title character in the 1993 film 'The Adventures of Huck Finn'. Which actor went on to portray the adoptive heir to Bilbo Baggins in 'The Lord of the Rings'?
9. Australian audiences loved him as Diver Dan in the TV series 'SeaChange' (1998-2000), and his film appearances as Father Damien, a priest who worked with lepers, in 'Molokai' (1999). He had a small part in 'Moulin Rouge!' (2001), but it was his appearance as one of the sons of the Steward of Gondor which first brought him international acclaim. Which of these actors is being described?
10. Unlike many of his co-stars, the man who portrayed the elf-prince member of the Fellowship had limited screen experience before 'The Lord of the Rings', for which he was cast only days after graduating from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London. He had, however, been seen in the part of a rent boy in the film 'Wilde' (1997), in which Stephen Fry portrayed Oscar Wilde. Which of these actors experienced this meteoric rise?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.