Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which 1954 movie, originally shot in 3D, revolves around an ex-tennis pro living in London who finds out his wife Margot is having an affair, and his plot to murder her?
2. Which film started off in London where Graham, a middle aged writer suffering from writer's block, acquires an orphaned young otter called Mij (pronounced Midge)?
3. The filming of one of E. M. Forster's books portrays the tale of Miss Lucy Honeychurch during a vacation to Italy and her return home. In which movie does Lucy become engaged to Cecil Vyse who lives in a "well appointed home" in London?
4. An Ealing Studios comedy of 1949 is about a region of London declaring itself independent upon discovering an ancient treaty. For which part of Britain's capital would citizens now need a passport?
5. Which well known landmark in London features in "The Thirty Nine Steps", a 1978 thriller movie, starring Robert Powell, playing Richard Hannay?
6. Can you name the film based on the true story of a terribly deformed Joseph Merrick, who is taken to London Hospital to be examined, only to continue being a freak?
7. "A Hard Day's Night" is a 1964 British film starring the Beatles. In the opening scene, they are departing from a station amidst a lot of teen hysteria. Which station were they filmed departing from?
8. "A Clockwork Orange" was filmed in and around a futuristic London. In what prison is Alex incarcerated after being betrayed by his droogs?
9. Most of the filming for "Billy Elliot" concerns Billy as a young boy and is filmed in County Durham. However, with a bit of filming license, the scenes of the boxing and ballet classes were actually filmed at which London community centre originally built in 1856 for the children of destitute families and orphans?
10. Which 1986 film, set in London, and produced by George Harrison's HandMade Films starred Bob Hoskins as a petty criminal and Cathy Tyson as a high class call girl?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.