Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Billy Bob Thornton plays a member of a white family with a history of corrections work and of racism. What is his character's name?
2. At the beginning of the film, Halle Berry is introduced as the soon-to-be-widow of a convicted murderer on death row. What is the name of her character?
3. How does Tyrell, son of a murderer who is electrocuted early in the movie, cope with his grief and confusion?
4. The white family that the film is concerned with includes a number of hardened racists. At the beginning of the film, which family member has black friends?
5. As the film opens, Halle Berry's character is in serious financial trouble - in fact, she has thirty days to pay her rent or she'll be evicted from her house. Where does she work to try to make ends meet?
6. The opening scenes of the movie concern the execution of a convicted murderer. How does this prisoner form a human connection with his guards?
7. How does this convicted murderer reassure his son, just before his execution?
8. The household of the white family is remarkable for its lack of women. We are never told outright what happened to Hank's wife, but what happened to Buck's?
9. About half an hour into the movie, Hank retires from corrections work and does what with his retirement money?
10. What is a 'monster's ball'?
Source: Author CellarDoor
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.