Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Yardbirds spun off the art-rock group Renaissance.
2. Al Kooper helped found which two landmark bands?
3. Which group recorded the song "Vagabond Virgin"?
4. Which phenomenally successful rock group created a backlash after one member stated that they were "bigger than Jesus"?
5. Which three major rock acts had anti-drug singles in the late sixties and early seventies?
6. The songs "Expo 2000" and "Gossamer Wings" were written and performed by a very obscure group that nonetheless had a solid fan base (though they had no charted hit records). Can you name them?
7. "Naked If I Want To" was the signature song of what country-folk-rock group of the sixties, who took their name from an old "elephant" joke?
8. What rock group, headed by two sisters, produced the adrenaline pumping singles "Barracuda" and "Crazy On You"?
9. It's been said that the Rolling Stones were R & B influenced. I say "Bollix!" What other influence, if you listen to their early tunes, also becomes apparent?
10. Who conducted the London Festival Orchestra on the Moody Blues' "Days Of Future Passed" album?
11. What pre-Jefferson Starship Slick/Kantner album is "Fishman" on?
12. "Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..." What middle period Beatles tune are these lyrics from?
13. What was the name of the Pink Floyd's very first album?
14. "Lend me your ears while I call you a foooooooooool! You were kissed by a witch one night in the wooooooods!" What is the title of this venerable Jethro Tull tune?
15. Which embarrassing album did the Lovin' Spoonful come out with after the departure of John Sebastian?
Source: Author Photoscribe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.