Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In "All Quiet on the Western Front," Paul Bäumer finds himself in a bomb crater with an enemy soldier. If an enemy found his way to my foxhole, I would like to have a martial arts expert sharing that foxhole with me. Which of these actors, star of "Fist of Fury" and "Enter the Dragon," would fill the bill?
2. Time spent in a foxhole has got to be pretty tense, as well as intense. Who would be a better companion than a nationally-recognized wit, satirist, and insightful commentator on society in all its facets, a sort of Leonardo of humor. Our next candidate, born in 1937, had a "There Is No God" routine and said he worshiped the sun because he could see it. Which of the following is he?
3. Who would be better to share a foxhole with than a decorated war hero? Our next atheist, born in a kibbutz, helped lead his nation to victory in wars against the combined forces of all his country's surrounding neighbors. Who was this hero who was awarded the Legion of Honor for his military exploits, and was famous for his eye patch?
4. Being a red-blooded American male, I certainly would not object to having a woman soldier be in my foxhole, especially if she is an angel. Being a sultry songstress would not be a hindrance, either. Our next atheist gained early stardom as Lola-Lola in the 1930 German classic, "The Blue Angel." And I have her singing "Lili Marleen" in my iTunes library. Who is this star whom the American Film Institute placed at number 9 on their list of Greatest Female Stars of All Time?
5. If you're sharing your foxhole, you couldn't do much better than to share it with someone who could inspire you to your finest hour in your time of direst need. This next atheist was one of the greatest actors of all time. Just watch him in "The Robe," for which he earned an Oscar nomination. Or watch him inspire his troops in "Alexander the Great." I mean, they conquered the world, didn't they? Who was this Welsh acting legend?
6. Another icon, this English entertainer would almost certainly fill up our two-man foxhole by himself. But I'd love to have him there, despite his drug use. I mean, if the Hell's Angels couldn't off him, I think he'd keep me safe beside him. Besides, he's a knight. Who is this famous (some might say infamous) singer?
7. Still looking for humor in my foxhole-mate, I also still want a motivator. This screaming and irreverent comedian would be perfect. Who is this funny man famous for his black humor and high-pitched voice who said, "I retired from acting the same time they quit hiring me"?
8. Time for one more beautiful woman for my foxhole. Winner of four Best Actress Oscars, she proved her mettle on an African lake, saving Humphrey Bogart from the Germans in World War I. Named the greatest female movie star in Hollywood history by the American Film Institute, who is this feisty babe and veteran of 60 years of movies?
9. Since a foxhole is a defensive position, why not have the world's greatest defense lawyer at my side? Famous for defending John Scopes and evolution in the "Monkey Trial" and for defending Leopold and Loeb, which of the following will be in that foxhole with me?
10. Well, since our foxhole is an imaginary one, my last atheist comes from the world of fiction, as well. If one's greatest hope in a foxhole would be getting safely out of it, my next partner would be perfect, especially if he has the TARDIS with him. It is not surprising that he's an atheist, since he is from the planet Gallifrey. Who is this companion?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.